Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Second item on my 12 things list......done.....

This minimum of 12 new things list is supposed to be fun.......but what do I do but add pressure to myself.  I look at the calendar and panic......it is almost the end of June and I haven't checked off another item.

Well, whew....I got my next item in.......I made a cheesecake from scratch.

I looked at a variety of recipes.  From the Junior's Cheesecake Cookbook (if you are ever in Brooklyn Junior's Cheesecake is a must!!!!) to the Philadelphia Cream Cheese Recipe.  Since I was starting this project at 8:00 on  Sunday night, I opted for the easiest recipe.  I did not make the cheesecake that has to sit in a pan of water in the oven.  After much research I went with the Philly Cheesecake recipe.

Jenn decided to make one too.

So here we were dueling bakers.......I had never make a graham cracker crust before.......I thought they only came in those tins already prepared.  I did use graham crackers crumbs vs.  crushing graham cracker cookies myself (otherwise it would have been one graham cracker for the crust and one for Donna).  I mixed them with butter and a small amount of sugar,  I pressed it into the bottom of the spring form pan.   I then  mixed cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and eggs.  Into the pan they went and 35-40 minutes later.....it was done.  Jenn added mini chocolate chips to hers.  They looked surprisingly good!! We left them out to cool and then into the fridge they went for the night.

Now here was the smart part.......I could not have those cheesecakes in the house.  They would have been calling my name and if I ignored them they would have been screaming my name.

So it  would have started out as "Donna, hi we are here.....come have just a slice"

Then it would have been "Hey pppssssttt Donna....over here Babe....come on you know you want some"

Finally it would have been "DONNA COME HAVE SOME FRIGGIN CAKE YOU KNOW DAMN WELL YOU WANT A PIECE WHO THE HELL ARE YOU KIDDING PRETENDING YOU CAN'T HEAR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I did the best thing possible to put myself out of my misery.....Jenn took the cheesecakes to work and the people she worked with devoured them.  They were a huge hit.

I will admit to having a small sliver just to make sure not to poison anyone.....LOL.....it was really, really good!!!!

So item #2 on my list is done.......I am going to start planning my next activity soon.  No more last minute rushing it get it done.  This is supposed to be FUN right.....this not meant to add stress to my life......I am such a mess....I try to do something exciting and what do I do.......  turn it into something where I would need Valium......what a noodelhead I am.....

Here are pictures of the stages of the cake making.........

the batter


the graham cracker crust


Ready for the oven


One chocolate chip cheesecake ready to serve

One plain cheesecake ready to serve


 
\
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment