Sunday, November 26, 2017

Another Birthday and Thanksgiving.....

The time from birthday to birthday seems to pass faster.

It seemed to me when I was young it took an eternity to get from one birthday to the next and now it passes like a New York minute.

The sounds of firecrackers going off is barely a faint memory as I find myself searching for a pumpkin to looking forward to the smells of a turkey in the oven to pulling out the cookie recipes stained with vanilla from holiday seasons past.



This is my favorite time of the year and yes I know I can be a little over the top when it comes to my love of Christmas.

It's not that I don't love the start of spring as the flowers bloom or the summer when I get a chance to sit and enjoy the ocean or seeing the fall colors during drives up to Lexington/Columbia or looking out at the bare trees while the fireplace is going......each of the seasons has it's own charm.

But the time between Halloween and the New Year is special to me.

Back to my birthday......

I received my first birthday gift a few weeks ago from my pal and office mate, Mary.  You will see a picture of it when I finish my outside decorating this week.

Next, my friend, Jenn, gave me a pillow with a lovely sentiment on it, a ornament for my tree that is a sailboat a references a journey and two bars of soap with great names and comments on them.





On Saturday, one of my oldest friends, Kathy, gave me an amazing shawl.  She knows I am a shawl freak. I have several of her creations is a variety of colors to match anything I wear and my many moods. My favorite sweater was also created by her. I will model in a picture soon.

I was on vacation this week....my first full week off in 2017 !! No long commutes to the office! Time to get the decorating done (at least inside).

I was lucky enough to spend part of the week (from Wednesday to Saturday) with my sister too !  We baked cookies, talked for hours and had birthday dinner with friends!  Not a bad way to spend a few days!

Jenn and I also continue the garage purge........I have no idea how we were able to fit all this "stuff" in our Columbia house?

There was abbreviated Black Friday shopping at midnight Friday morning.....we did more shopping online but felt a need to hit at least one store.  Jenn and I have continued to scour the ads looking for the best deals and we have found some great sales.

My house may be a little over the top with Christmas trees.....one in the entrance way.....one in the living room......a ceramic one that lights up in each  bedroom........one on the dining room table and two......yes, two on the porch.....grand total is 7 trees!! Oh wait, I forgot of about my kitchen.....I need to put one somewhere in there.......hhhhhmmmmm......well maybe I will just leave the kitchen as is with the Christmas table cloth, napkins and napkin rings and a Yankee Candle.......

Here are some of the photos.........















I will try to include outside and my village photos next week.

See you next week........




No comments:

Post a Comment