Sunday, August 19, 2018

Working To Find The Balance In Life Again.....with a little revision.....


Monday through Friday is not my own time.

Yes, I collect a pay check for what I do during those days.

And lately, I have been more than earning my paycheck.

Work has been filled with learning a new system and all the other challenges of the mortgage business.  If  you do not work in the mortgage industry there is no way you could understand it's challenges.

Once the whistle blows at the end of the workday on Friday, the balance of life appears.

I can feel the stress leave me during my commute home.

I try to stay up late relishing Friday night.

Knowing I have two days of me time is the reward that follows the busy work week.

I am trying hard to find that life/work balance.

Most companies preach work/life balance, I prefer saying life/work balance.

Which matters more?  Life  or work?

Of course, I know I need my job to live the life I desire.

There was a time when my job was my life.

There was a time when I didn't worry about how much more life was left to be lived.

And that is my struggle, figuring out the balance.

Life balance is listening to books on Hoopla while I commute.  Books that I don't have time to sit down and read.

Life balance means instead of just doing a Saturday morning bagel run, take the bagel to waterfront park.  Sit on one of the bench swings and eat breakfast.




Life balance is watching my dog, Jeter, almost prance along the waterfront with Jenn.



Life balance is combining a trip to the pool with 2 hours of exercise.



Life balance is binge watching a tv series while cooking for the week.

Life balance is allowing time for a nap.

Life balance is using free time to call your family and friends just to catch up.

Life balance is Jenn doing the food shopping while I work on the finances.

Life balance is writing this blog while doing the laundry.

Life balance means time with family, friends including laughter and love.

I almost forgot, life balance means finding more time for my passion of writing

And here we are early Sunday evening getting ready for another 5 days where the balance swings back to the work side.

I going to try to carry the stress free feeling I have enjoyed during these 48-60 glorious hours off into the work week.

It may fade by lunchtime on Monday.

I am always hopeful, the stress relief will last until much later in the week.

I will continue to work on and seek out ways to focus on life/work balance.

My life matters too much too not try.

See you next week!



PS Just saw this on the way to Walmart.  I am taking it as a sign of good things ahead this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment