Sunday, June 21, 2020

Still a struggle but looking for some light


“Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

I do wake each day with hope of a peaceful day.  Sadly, the struggle is still present.

I wrote two weeks ago, I was struggling and felt lost.

I was amazed at the reaction I received to my admission of feeling so torn.

I barely had hit publish when I received a call from a dear old friend.  Our conversation brought me to tears more than once (what a surprise).  This person called to tell me her thoughts about me as a person.  She warmed my heart.

The days that followed led me through a myriad of conversations.

Talking with all of these people reminded me of how lucky I am to have the circle of friends that I do. They love me warts and all.

The feedback was I am not a bad person.  I treat people with respect.  And I do show people I care (even if I don’t hug easily).

I am learning a lot about by myself and how the world views me.

It is pretty clear I am harder on myself than I should be.

Maybe.

The jury is still out as I work to get my head and heart in sync.

But I have once again been able to try to find the good in each day.

Here is the list of daily blessings just from this week:

I won a Yeti tumbler this week by guessing the correct names of some movies from the 90’s. (I will admit I had help from someone in my house).



This week was Employee Appreciation Week.  I had sent my team gifts two weeks ago.  I made them wait until everyone’s gift had arrived and they opened them together on a team call.  The laughter as they opened them was perfect!

My team then surprised me with a gift.  A message of appreciation and two items to add to my key chain.




The club on the island where I live asked for members favorite recipes.  Jenn sent in a few of ours.
She sent my Mom’s Spare Rib and Fried Rice recipes and our Penne a la Vodka recipe. We were surprised to get an email back that the Club will over the next few weeks be preparing each recipe.
They will be offered as an option on their dinner menu.  When someone orders the meal they will also be provided with the recipe giving credit to the club member who submitted it.  How fun is that?

In the last few weeks, we have had some amazing sunsets.  People who live on the island share them on our website.  One neighbor in particular has taken some stunning pictures. I can thank Sandra Tazelarr McManamon for these gorgeous photo’s.








Maybe Ralph Waldo Emerson knew what he was talking about when he talked about the sunset being the promise of a new dawn.

See you next week.







No comments:

Post a Comment