Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

The best part of Christmas Eve was finding out at the last minute that Jenn would have the day off !! We didn't do a lot that day but did have fun going to Big Lots to shop...the rule was we could not spend more than $10 on each other...it was not an easy task....later we had our traditional dinner of appetizers...baked clams, cheese sticks, etc....the tree looked great (Jenn and I handled the decorating) and the outside of the house looked pretty (thanks to some friends who came over a few weeks before Christmas and helped me decorate)....my friends tactfully suggested the less is more approach and it was the right way to decorate for this very different Christmas......in years past our house resembled the house in Christmas Vacation....definitely over the top and I am sure many people drove by and thought "oh my God how tacky can you get" but we loved it....but that was another time now past....later on Christmas we spent in the bedroom ...Jenn on the bed and me in the recliner both playing on our computers and watching "It's A Wonderful Life"...we even let Jeter come in a keep us company.....not the most outstanding Christmas Eve even but it was still OK because Jenn and I hung out together...

No comments:

Post a Comment