Sunday, March 21, 2010

More time to think...

The original plan was to be in NY/NJ for Christmas. It would have been the first time in 13 years that all of the Raboni's would be under on roof for Christmas Eve. All the Raboni's under one roof.....wow.....until my father died there was no place else I would have ever spent Christmas Eve except my parents house. My Dad had the ability to make you feel the magic of Christmas....something I miss. Anyway we had plans...they included not gifts but lots of cooking and eating....what a surprise. We would drive up on Wednesday the 23rd be there the 24th and 25th and head home on the 26th before the "magic" of us all being together started to fade.

A few weeks before Christmas, my dream of a family gathering began to fade. It seemed unlikely Jenn would be able to be off on Christmas Day. She had requested the 24th and 25th off when she was hired but the company reneged.

I didn't think it was right to leave Jenn home alone for Christmas. Bob didn't want to stay in Columbia with nothing to do. He chose to spend Christmas in NY with his family....

Choosing them over us....that hurt. More for me to think about....

No comments:

Post a Comment