Sunday, July 7, 2013

Fear Part Two........

Yes, this is another entry about fear.....part due to the responses I received from last weeks entry and  part due to some changes I am going to try to or will be making.

First the feedback......

I am never quite sure what entry might make an impact on those who read this blog.  Last week was one of those entries that was responded to by a lot of you.  Here is a sample of the responses...
you need to write more.......you should have included that you have trouble making decisions........you are saying what I feel.......you have the knack for writing.......I wanted to read more.......we are all here cheering for you as you try new things.......thanks for you honesty and you may think you fear things but how many people put their fears, feelings and emotions right out there for all to see and read.  I consider that brave......

To address these responses, here I go......

I have never thought of myself as brave.  But maybe my friend is right......it is not always easy to share personal things about myself especially since most of the things I write about exist in my head.

I so appreciate the friends who say they will cheer me on as I try new things.

The friend who said I should have included more about my indecision.....maybe you are right.  I do sit on the fence until I either am forced to make a decision, or decided to stall a decision or take the easy way out.  Just call me Humpty Dumpty......I only hope when I fall off the wall this friend will be among those who will help to put me together again.

The encouragement to write more.......as you all know I don't compliment myself easily.  But one of the things I am sure of is that I write well.  I have committed myself to one hour a week just to write and that does not include the time I devote to this blog.  I have a zillion ideas in my head and have written some down.  I think if I start to piece them together there might be a story out there.  I am also going to start to get in touch with a few magazines and see if I can break into being published that way too.

Now the things I am willing to try or changes I am making.....

In a few weeks I will be starting a new job at TD.  (once again I did need some guidance from friends to make the decision....see a pattern here??).  I am going to be managing a new team.  The easy way would have been to stay where I was since I know how to do my current job.  But after much thought (my usual 24 hours to process things), I decided to jump into the deep end of the pool feet first.  I think the change will be good. 

I am promising myself that while at my family reunion I will be myself.....not the person I think I am supposed to be.  I will try not to say NO to opportunities while in Missouri.  OK I WILL NOT be hanging my fat ass off the back of my cousins boat trying to wake board......I said, I would try things I didn't say I was taking total leave of my senses....The main thing I want to do is have fun, share and hug people that I care about that I don't get to see too often.

When I return from that trip, I once again am recommitting myself to my journey to lose weight.  Back to the gym on a regular basis, figuring out which plan to use for weight lose and trying the ones I think will work until I am successful.  AND I WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!!

Time to write....a minimum of one hour a week.....whether it be an article or a book I am trying to put down on paper.

Yes, the fears are still there but I am trying to chase them away!!!! I hope the fears disappear with my weight loss and my self-confidence returns.

Thank you to all who continue to just read or comment and provide feedback.  In your own way, you each show me how much you care about me.

Someday, I hope to be the person I want to be ......weighing less, less fearful, more confident and less self-conscious.......that's a tall order but I think it is one I can accomplish......you will just have to keep reading to see how this all turns out......it is a story to which I have not written the next chapter but the outline is there........I just have to devote the time needed to make it happen.....

Here is the start of the next chapter.......as Donna continued on the road to the life she wanted to live she looked around and realized she need to make decisions and move forward.......

Let's hope I can end with and she lived happily ever after........

No comments:

Post a Comment