Sunday, October 6, 2013

Purple Glitter Polish and a Mini-Crock Pot

I find it is very easy to get sad.  As the changes in my life slowly happen I sometimes find it a battle to not go to the dark side and feel sorry for myself.

Sleeping in the recliner wasn't so bad in the bedroom.  But the weeks when I do not have the bedroom I don't sleep as well in the living room recliner.  I am not sure if it is because of the openness of the room or the chair is just not as comfortable.  The couch is not an option ....it is really uncomfortable.  So I wake up cranky and sometimes tired from waking up during the night.  I find myself counting the days until I am back in the bedroom again.  When I arrive at work I am not very talkative .....at least for a while.  I just log on to the computer and gradually work out of my mood.  Maybe I need to stop for coffee every morning......nope not in the budget.

The budget is tight but I can make it work.  I have thought maybe I need to give up some things or readjust my priorities.  Giving up my pedi......ok this is totally selfish but at this point in my life I should be able to get a pedicure once a month and not feel guilty......right???? Give up the gym??? Another no. 

I usually take my lunch to work as a way to save money.  One thing I know is that I need to eat something that takes a while to eat.  A sandwich is gone too quickly as are many other lunchtime options.  Last Christmas, I bought myself a small crock pot.  It is portable and not made for cooking but is intended to heat things up.  Now,  I have soup at lunch and it is GREAT!! I also have a Weight Watcher salad carrier.  It keeps the salad cold.  I use romaine, mushrooms and some low fat cheese and it is yummy. There is also a separate compartment for the salad dressing so the salad doesn't get soggy.

Back to the pedi.....for the last 4 or 5 years I have always and I mean always gotten my toes done in either red or pink.  The polish must have glitter in it too!!! Well in my quest to change things up.....this most I had them done in purple glitter for Halloween,  next month in a orangy gold for Thanksgiving.......December I am thinking gold.  Small changes but for someone like me who doesn't change things up often....this is pretty big!!!!

Put up with me if I don't seem upbeat.......I usually work my way out of it.........ask my team....... sometime between 10 and 11 in the morning I am  more social than when I first walk into the office .  I may reach out to you on the phone......just let me talk........

I am moving along just slowly.......the next few months.....the holidays.....may be more challenging than before.....but then again we haven't spent the holidays together in a few years anyway so it may not be too bad. 

Why can't I live in one of those towns from those Hallmark Christmas movies I love????

OK I need an upbeat ending......lunches are so much better now!!! And my toes.....judge for yourself.....LOL.....see the pictures below.....

October toes.....

November color.......

I know....I know ....I need to get a life.....or move along to my new life......well at least this is a start.......

No comments:

Post a Comment