Sunday, October 27, 2013

Things That Made It A Good Week......

As I look back on the past 7 days I found that there were a lot of good things about the week.....here they are in no particular order.......

1.  USC wins a nail biter last night......still flying high from that one.
2.  I talked to ALL my siblings this week.  And these were not just quick "hey what's going on" conversations.
3.  The NY Giants finally won a game!!!!
4.  It finally felt like the fall in SC.  It was 34 degrees yesterday morning!!!!
5.  I saw new pictures of all my grandnieces this week.....great photo's of Victoria, Ellie and Zoey!!!!!
6.  My mums in front of the house have bloomed beautifully.
7.  The Red Sox lost last night in a very weird finish.
8.  I passed up a piece of carrot cake and some brownies that had a peanut butter cup inside and a chocolate chip cookie on the bottom.
9.  I helped Jenn ice cupcakes for the University 101 class she is teaching.  I could hear my Mom saying"swirl the icing Donna."  so I swirled the icing.
10.  I had a nice chat with the lady who makes the sushi at Publix.  I asked her if she ever made it with sushi cones.  I think she called it Inarri.  I explained that was how my grandmother made them.  She said I can order sushi like that if I want!!
11.  I took 4 count 'em 4 mini-naps yesterday.
12. One of my oldest friends called last night.  Linda and I have been friends for more than 40 years.....yikes!! We haven't seen each other in 15 years but we still keep in touch.  I love talking to her because we spend about 10 minutes catching up and then another hour just shooting the breeze.  I promised Linda this year I will visit her!!!!
13.  I laughed at some funny TV shows.......The Middle, Modern Family and reruns of Will and Grace.
14. For once I stayed awake each night all the way through my prayers ....and yes you were included in them!!
15.  One of my cousins put a family picture on FB this week where it was very clear that my Mom had cut my hair..  At the time I think they called it a "pixie" haircut.......I call it "what were you thinking Mom??"
17. I treated myself to some shrimp.....it is cooking now and will be part of my lunch this week!!
18.  I have played Burger Shop until my fingers get numb each night....LOL.
19. Weight Watchers has a new peanut butter brownie I tried this week.. It was delicious!!!
20.  While I was writing this blog entry......the NY Giants won for the 2nd time!!!

Nice week.....lots of good things......they each cost little or no money......I feel blessed.....in the movie Pollyanna her preacher said to her "we looked for the good in people and found it".....I am trying to look for the good things no matter how small they may be......and guess what.....this week I found a lot of them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment