Sunday, April 27, 2014

Why Are Some People Always Unhappy......

I will be the first to admit it.......I am not a morning person (unless on vacation or at the beach). I used to be but not any more. Now, I get up get ready for work, drive to the office and get set for the day with minimal conversation.  If you work with me chances are you know.....let me get settled, computer up and running before you ask me a question.  I have to give many an apology to the person who shows up at my desk before I have my pocketbook put away........ I give them the look.

Somewhere around 9:00 my personality shows up........

I do understand morning people and night people.  I envy those "I am in a good mood all day people".  What I don't get is those people who are unhappy and mean  from the time they wake up until they go to bed.  They never seem to find something to smile about......they tend to strike out at anyone who gets in their way. We all know someone like that.....and God forbid you ask them what their problem is.....they pounce.

Now. there are some people who have a right to be sad or down for a period of time.  They may have issues that no one knows about and that is what is dragging them down.  I have found being honest with people and telling them what is going on at least gives them a chance to understand why I may not be Susie Sunshine on a day or days.  But even in my darkest hours, I don't lose my sense of humor and someone can usually make me laugh or just listen to me until I feel better.

But unhappy every hour of every day, mean and a bully (yes, there are adult bullies)......I don't get it.  Some of these people that I have met have no reason to be the way they are.......constantly.  You can't win with them and they can bring out the ugly side in me too. I wish they could just be ignored but that usually isn't an option.  Kill them with kindness.......don't let them ruin your day........try to stay positive while they rain on my parade.....yes,...... those are all options.......and I do try to use them.

I will vent and get it off my chest to someone who will understand. Then I try to move on.  I guess I should feel sorry for them but even that is sometimes hard to do.......

But in the end......I have found it best to avoid them if I can because I am not real good at turning the other cheek. No, I am not taking the cowards way out.......I am choosing my battles and I don't see any point in letting them have that much power over me.

I could take the high road........but you know.......sometimes the high road sucks........

Well I feel better now that I got that off my chest.......

See you next week.......the topic will be  ......people who are perpetually happy.......how do they do it and what are they on?????

No comments:

Post a Comment