Sunday, December 14, 2014

Finding Answers......

There are a few things I am finding the answers to slowly but surely......

Such as......

Like to song says "Where Are You Christmas?".......

I had a hard time this week missing my Mom.  Just 4 short years ago she was in my house helping me get ready for the holiday.  I can see her in the kitchen as if it was yesterday. But I have sought out Christmas in other ways.......Jenn and I drove through a local cemetary last week on the night of their luminary ceremony.  It was so beautiful to see!! Today, we went over to the VA Hospital to watch the Vet's Christmas Charity Ride.  We sat on the back of my car and watched motorcycles that were part of the ride drive into the VA for over 30 minutes.  It was great to see and Jenn will be posting some pictures on FB later. Last night, Jenn and I baked cookies.......again. We have baked cookies for the last 3 weeks.....once for Jenn's class, once to mail to family, this weekend it was for Jenn's office cookie day tomorrow.  OK we get a late start.....about 8:00 PM and finished at 3:00AM....yes I said 3:00AM.  To keep me going Jenn asked questions about the Christmas's I had when I was young......it brought back great memories. We have also been sharing daily pictures of our Elf that my grandniece, Victoria, has named  Aurora.  Aurora has had many adventures in the last two weeks...LOL.  Last night while baking, we watched Rudolph, Frosty and Santa Claus Is Coming To Town.....as I was singing (not very well) one of the songs "Put One Foot In Front Of The Other"....Jenn said Mom that is what you are trying to do....which is true.....

So I am finding Christmas.....in moments.....in seconds.....in laughter......in memories........

Next question......

How do you go out to dinner with friends and eat healthy?

Yes, you do research. I knew not having an appetizer would be hard so Jenn ordered salsa and I pulled out a bag of cut up celery from my pocketbook (talk about class) but you know what....it worked.  I had something to munch on while we chatted.  Dinner was easy because I was able to look up the nutritional info and the points for my choices.  Sad to say.....no drinks or dessert but not saying never again ...... just not today.....

And........

How am I doing with weight loss during the holiday season?

In the past, I was happy to get through without much of a gain.  This year, I am trying to get through it all with a loss. And so far so good.....I was down .6 pounds today. I know that is not a huge amount but it is still down and more than 2 sticks of butter!! Speaking of butter....Jenn had me hold on to just 3 pounds of butter the other night to see how heavy it was.....I was surprised at how heavy it felt.  Then she said times that by more than 9 and that is how much you have lost already.  I want to get to that 30 pounds so bad.......I hope to be there by the last weigh-in of the year or the first one for the New Year. Keeping my fingers crossed and my mouth shut!!

Finally.....

Why do I weigh in on Sunday morning?

There are a few reasons.....

First....I used to weigh in on Friday or Saturday and then felt I could "cheat for a day" since I had almost a week until my next weigh in.  By waiting until Sunday morning, the week end is over and most reasons to cheat are gone.  See how crazy my mind is....who thinks like that????

I also love my WW leader, Kay, she is funny, honest and motivates us each week!!

I have gotten to bond with some of the people in my class.  They are my WW family and everyone is so encouraging.  I am also amazed at the feedback from the WW FB pages I belong to.........they share likes and praises and suggestions.....all trying to help me and others reach their goal.

So this Christmas.....it is not all about food.....it is about luminaries in the dark, vet's on motorcycles, baking but not having to eat, the  music, the decorations and of course the feeling that anything is possible.....my Dad made me believe that about Christmas.......and I still do.

See you next week!!!!

PS Bob update....Bob is doing much better ....he is getting around and taking daily walks.  I took him with me shopping yesterday and we were out for several hours.  He kept up with my but like a little kid who has had too much fresh air he crashed as soon as we got home.  Today, he went out with Jenn for a few hours.  I know he is scared and I don't blame him!! But he is getting a little stronger each day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment