Sunday, January 11, 2015

My Driver's License Weight.....

One of the first things I had to  when I moved from New York to South Carolina was get a drivers license.

I walked confidently into Dept of Motor Vehicles (or DMV (that's what we called it in NY) in  SC it is listed under the Dept of Public Safety) ready to get my SC license.  Eye test took a few tries.  The lady who took my picture asked if I liked it or wanted a retake.......that was the first hint I was no longer in New York...LOL....a retake in NY is unheard of !!! But also on the application the normal questions sex, height, hair color, eye color and weight.......WHAT.......weight?????????????  In New York, you did not have your weight on your drivers license.  What the hell did they need my weight for??? If a police officer pulled me over was he going to pull out a scale and check my weight?????

So I did what I am sure the majority of ladies do........I lied!!!! Yes, I admit I did not put my true weight on the application.  I did get nervous......I was waiting for the lady taking care of me to either laugh or wheel out the doctor scale and tell me to step up or announce over the loud speaker "Guess what Donna Pizzolongo wants us to believe she weighs??" and then break into laughter like the Peanut's characters.....

But it gets worse.....now I have my CWP (Concealed Weapon Permit.....OK no comments about gun permits and hating the 2nd amendment please....this is my personal decision) anyway.....guess what weight they use....yes my drivers license weight!!

Then I got my Utah permit (OK it allows me to carry concealed in more states.......another personal decision).....guess what weight they use......you got it.

I know I have been asked for my license at stores and other places as a form of ID like when I went to vote....I haven't  heard any snickers as I walk away or seen my picture hanging up in the post office for lying about my weight but I can assure you that once I am below that darn number......I will be getting a new license free from the lie that has existed for the last 15 years.....

It's starting to feel like that permanent record we all supposedly have from kindergarten that follows us through life!!

Well, my goal this year is to finally weigh less than the lie on my driver's license!!!  I think I can do this.....I am only   .6 of a pound from being down 35 pounds ( I hoping to reach that goal next week).

I have a long way to go to get to that drivers license weight....LOL..... you must be wondering what the hell weight I put down....I will never tell....or not until I am way below that weight.

But hopefully this time next year the Dept of Motor Vehicles, SLED,  the FBI and any other government agency that might have a copy of my driver's license, CWP or Utah permit will all be happy to know I am no longer being dishonest about my weight......until then I will drive very slowly and obey all traffic laws to the nth degree.

I am sure right now you would all love to see my drivers license....well not a chance pal.....it is between me, the DMV and God........

No comments:

Post a Comment