Sunday, January 18, 2015

Gaining A Sense of Humor While Losing Weight......I Guess I Can Be Funny.....

My sense of humor is not for everyone.......it can be sarcastic and I guess at times New Yorkerish (is there such a word?).  As I am losing weight, I am gaining my sense of humor back.  Last weeks entry about the weight on my driver's license got a lot of positive feedback and laughs.  I love to laugh and love to make people laugh.  I do occasionally use "off color" language to make a point and I know that can bother some people but I have to be me and if the word fits I use it.

Today at my Weight Watcher meeting, I had to get up to get another 5 pound star.  My leader asked me how it felt?  I then broke into a 2 minute stand up comedy routine.  Everything from I wore make-up to the meetings for everyone else's benefit, to telling them about my goal to weigh less than what it says on my driver's license so I will no longer appear on "wanted" posters for the FBI to how much more confident I was feeling.....so basically I just rambled on and on.  They laughed and applauded when I was done and I then had the nerve to bow to their applause.  OK have I lost my mind or found myself???

I didn't even get into getting my face waxed so my face looked thinner and I stopped looking like one of the Smith Brothers.

My older brother can be my toughest critic but also will heap on the praise when warranted.  He called me yesterday to say last weeks blog was one of the funniest he had read and called me Erma Bombeck.  Comparing me to her was a HUGE compliment!!!!

So if I feel this way after losing 37.2 pounds what the hell am I going to be like when I hit 50 or 75 pounds??? This could be scary for everyone I know.......LOL.

To think I have taken almost 150 pounds of pressure off my poor knees (4 pounds of pressure for each pound) and I have lost the equivalent of 150 sticks of butter or quarter pounders (which ever you prefer to use for comparison) is amazing even to me......but while losing this weight and I know I have so much more to go........I am seeing changes in me......more than just physical but mental and emotional and in confidence.....so it is not just about the number on the scale it is about the transformation I am going through.

So when I hit 50 pounds gone or 75 pounds gone, I will have to update my stand up routine in order to keep my Sunday morning friends entertained. But I have time to work on the new material.

I have to say that while I was standing up there thinking I was a cross between Joan Rivers and Roseann Barr........inside my head there was a voice saying"what the hell are you doing???"......you know what I was doing????? I was being the old me.......someone I haven't seen for a while.......in fact I hardly recognize her.....but she sure is more fun to be around.......

PS I have to continue to thank my friends and family for their support....

This week I went to lunch with 2 co-workers who helped me when I panicked about eating out by finding me a lunch I could eat.

My friend, Crickett, once again found something I could use......a magnetic pad that I can hang on the fridge where I can plan my meals for the week.

And Jenn.....yes there is always Jenn......reminding me to track.......encouraging me.......being positive and supportive......I don't know if I would have been this successful without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment