Monday, November 14, 2016

Money Can't Buy Happiness? Yes, it can.......

Money can buy happiness.

I am not talking about luxurious homes, lavish vacations, expensive cars or designer clothes.

I found happiness for $180.77.

That was the total for 2 gallons of paint, brushes, rollers, paint trays, drop cloth, shower curtain liners, new shower curtain rods and hooks, a new toothbrush holder, a new shower caddy, new shades for 4 bedroom windows and new mini blinds for 3 windows........phew....

Now we are talking big buck items..... let's talk cost...
94 cents for shower curtain hooks
$1 for  a toothbrush holder
$2 for a bathroom night light
$3 for a shower curtain liner
$9.72 for 3 sets of mini blinds
$24 for 4 new shades
$42 for 2 gallons of paint

and the all the rest.....

By the time we were done we had made 3 trips to Lowe's and 2 trip to Walmart  (that was for purchases and returns).  It was clear to the sales associate at Lowe's that I was not experienced at buying paint.  Did you know there is a machine that shakes up the paint before you buy it?  Did you know you get free wood sticks to stir the paint?

I learned how to tape a room before painting.

I found out a little wood glue held in place would fix the piece of trim that had been hanging loose from under my kitchen counter top.

I was amazed at how bright and shiny the glass globes that are part of my ceiling fan can look.

The bathroom vanity looks new after being painted.

When I went to got in the shower this morning, the shower curtain slid open.  The sound of metal rings on a very old shower curtain rod was gone. During the night when I had to get up for the bathroom, I didn't have to turn on the overhead light since the new nightlight was doing its job.

The new mini blinds work....LOL...yes, they go up and down like they should.  They all match in color.  They look crisp and clean.

The shades in the bedrooms no longer have the little tears from too long absorbing heat.

It was a face paced weekend but from taping to clean up the effort was well worth it !! I now have 2 very freshened up bathrooms.....long overdue.....it made me smile looking at how great they turned out.

I am not going to post pictures of my two white bathrooms.  The color that will make the rooms pop is going to come from the shower curtains, new towels and other accessories.


Oh OK I can tell you are dying to see a picture of one of the bathrooms .....see what can be accomplished with just a little money, creativity and hard work.....




LOL...don't I wish......


Next up...painting all the rooms in the house and all the floors need to be done. These two items are long overdue.  I have started looking at colors for the paint and searched some flooring websites.  For me half the fun is the looking.....it is also a challenge since I know decorating is not my strong suit.

The painting and floors will have to wait until early in 2017.....next weekend the Christmas decorations go up!!!

I think my emoji says it all.....


See you next week,,,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment