Sunday, March 19, 2017

How can it be Sunday night again?

I really believe I blink my eyes and Friday night becomes Sunday night.

Why is it that Monday morning to Friday at 5:00 seem like .....well you know.

I have often said that the years seem to fly....and they do but the weekends.....my precious weekends.....are really only about 10 seconds long.

I have been getting ready to have the floors done in my house.....new carpeting and new vinyl.  I am also getting ready for the inside of the house to be painted along with the front porch, shutters, power washing too.  I am embarrassed to say it has been 17 years since any of this was last done.

Maybe now I know why.....

It takes a lot of damn work to get ready!! I have packed and moved and packed and moved....and packed and moved.  Every room is the house has been touched .....and none  yet completed.  And I am running out of time. In college, if a term paper was assigned day 1....I was the person finishing it the night before it was due. I usually did well working under pressure.

And that is what it is like right now....tick tick tick.....not sure if I have to be done by Tuesday or Wednesday night....I should know that tomorrow.  By midday Friday or Saturday, the floors will be done.
 
There have been several trips to Goodwill.

Wednesday night around 8:30, Jenn put a three section laundry hamper on wheels out for bulk pickup along with 4 metal patio chairs.......they were gone from in front of my house by 8:45....LOL

Hey whoever took those items......there will be a couch and dresser outside this week.  The sleeper-sofa is OK if you flip over the cushions.  The dresser....not worth taking....it's old and some of the drawers are broken.  My current dresser is a couple of plastic bins in a lovely shade of blue.

Then I have Saturday and Sunday to move the furniture to get ready for the painters.All the curtains will come down and all picture removed from the walls. Next Monday, the painters will be here for 5 days then off the weekend then back for another 3 days.  The whole pantry will be on my kitchen counters.  The items in my linen closet will be in boxes.  My clothes will be laying in the back of my car.

The dog will be going to day board at the vet's for about 11 days....cha ching.....

And then to top it off....my drivers is window motor decided to stop working....with the window only up 1/4 of the way.  At Goodyear, they got the window up and put a wedge in place to keep it up.  And then I noticed a burning smell....most likely an oil leak.....that will be checked while the window is being repaired.

In addition, Bob is here for two weeks to go to dr appts so between him running to dr appt s and for some crazy reason I scheduled my dr. appts. for the same two weeks......I must have lost my mind when I was doing the scheduling...

Going for my mammo at 7 AM Wednesday??? What the hell was I thinking??????

I know life will return to normal soon but until then ?????

I spent today working on income taxes, doing a lot of paperwork that I needed to catch up on and cooking for the week.  Realizing there will be times I will not be able to get in my kitchen.

I am exhausted but am pushing through.....

Before I know it....I will have my very precious but very short weekends back......and I can't wait.......

See you next week........



No comments:

Post a Comment