Sunday, November 11, 2018

Maybe the fourth time is the charm?


I have written three drafts of blog entries for this week.

This is attempt number four.

The first was about views of life from my windows.

The second was about dreams.

The third was about whether it is better to know or not know about life events.

Each entry had possibilities.  I got stuck on trying to engage the five senses into each entry.

Sight, taste, touch, smell and hearing.

I want to put you all in a scene and make you feel like you are there.

I wanted to keep the entry light since I have been writing some heavier entries lately.

I couldn't come up with anything humorous.

I went back to the five senses.

Sight:
I could write about the amazing view driving across bridges yesterday to Pooler, Georgia. I never anticipated living in a location where the views would be so amazing.  I never take them for granted.  The water, the boats, the bridges and the smell of the sea air.

Or

I could write about what it felt like to see my first byline.  (OK this was very, very exciting!!)

Touch:
I could write about wonderful feeling of waking under a lot of covers in a chilly bedroom. (My fault for not putting the heat on and ignoring the reports of a 43 degree morning).

Or

I could write about how great the hot rocks and towels felt at my pedicure.

Smell:
I could write about the scent of the plough mud that has become associated with my life in the Lowcountry. 

Or

I could write about looking forward the smell of the Christmas Wreath candle starting on Thanksgiving Day.

Hearing:
I could write about hearing the leaves rustling past my window in the breeze bringing in cooler temperatures.

Or

I could write about liking a song I had never heard before. Then finding out it was made famous by Kermit in The Muppet Movie.

Taste:
I could write about the taste of a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup on a cool night

Or

 I could write about taste of the morning, coffee with pumpkin spice creamer or the taste of the evening, Tito's Vodka with Lite Minute Maid Fruit Punch (both improve my moods equally).

But for some reason, I couldn't figure out a way to pull the five senses into an entry. 

Or did I????

See you next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment