Sunday, January 24, 2016

Ok So I Am A Dreamer......

I don't know if it is the writer in me or just so deep within my soul.......

I dream a lot.......I don't mean the night time kind of dreams. I tend to dislike those kinds of dreams and prefer a restful night sleep.

Is being called a dreamer a bad thing......I don't think so.  Do dreams become reality......absolutely!!

Maybe I dream more than others.......that could be because reality isn't always great.  My life is improving due to so many things.....family and friends who stick with me through the bad days.......improved health thanks to WW and the great WW pals I share my journey with.........and each day getting closer to........whatever works for me.

At work, I deal with reality.....every day.....and that's OK.......it's what I get paid to do.  I am lucky I really like my job......most of the time.  Who doesn't have some bad days at work???? I have some really special people  that are part of my work family.

So what's wrong with coming home getting comfy and dreaming......

A few weeks ago I spent a big $45 on a dream of winning Power Ball...... we know how that turned out....LOL.....since I was back at work after each drawing.

I dream about traveling to places I have never seen and revisiting some that I have enjoyed.

I dream about someday being at a book signing ......for a book I have written and has been published.

I dream about some day becoming a lifetime member of WW because I have hit goal and maybe becoming a WW leader (that would be so much fun).

I dream about .......I dream about......I dream about......

The great part is there was a time when my dreams were just that.......now so many of them are just within my reach........

My head and my heart sometimes fight.

My head is the logical/practical/dependable side.  This is the side that has held me back at time and allows my fears to take over and make my decisions.

My heart is the place of my dreams.  It is where anything is possible.  A trip to Italy, a beach house, a published book, a healthier me and on and on.

I have become so used to saying "no" that saying "yes  or maybe" can be difficult.........but it is becoming easier each day. Could it be confidence finally showing up?? Or is it as I get older I worry less about what others think and feel more free to try and less fear of failure??

I feel sorry for those that don't have dreams.......or maybe some people call them goals......unless they have already accomplished everything they want to in life........I don't know too many people in this category......

Well it's Sunday night and tomorrow it's reality time but that's OK........I still have time to dream......

See you next week..........

PS just two more things......

I was down again at the scale today.....yeah!!

My Dad passed away 31 years ago this week.......hard to believe that much time has passed.  But as I sit and watch the playoffs I can feel George Raboni Sr. in the room.  I can see him in all of his family that lives and breathes football.  From taking my brother, George, to see the Giants play at Yankee Stadium to going to some of his last football games in a wheelchair in the Meadowlands.....how he loved those games.  He died on Super Bowl Sunday a year before his beloved Giants made it to their 1st Super Bowl. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him and miss him.



No comments:

Post a Comment