Saturday, January 16, 2016

OK So I Was Sucked In Too.......

Let me start by saying I am NOT a gambler.  I would not have fun in Vegas.  I would hate losing money.  I am trying to save money for a variety of reasons.  I am even considering cutting back on my pedicures and waxing to save money.  There are bigger things in my future that take priority over my eyebrows or toenails.

But then there was Powerball.........

In just 2 short weeks, I spent more money than I would ever normally spend for a lot of things.  I was into it for .......get ready......$45.  I went in with people from the office 3 different times at $5 a clip.  I bought tickets with Jenn two different times. 10 tickets (and powered up.....whatever that means).  That $45 was my water bill for the month or at current prices gas for my Ford Escape for 2 weeks.

All for a dream........

I know I was not alone........there were a lot of other people playing that normally don't take a chance on winning.

Well guess what.......I won!!!!! Yes, Jenn and I had the Powerball on two games.  We won $8.  We are going to split our winnings.  That leaves me with $4.....

As planned......I am splitting my share with my siblings.  They will each get $1.......I expect in turn they will share their portion with their children.....which means Greg can keep 20 cents but then will give Greg, Anthony, Robert and Samantha 20 cents each......George gets to keep 20 cents and then give George III., Nick, Danny and Marni each 20 cents......Cheryl also gets to keep 20 cents for herself and then will give Jill, Chris, Michael and Wes 20 cents each.......then G III can keep a dime for himself and then will have to give Zoey a dime and Nick gets 7 cents and will then give Elouise 7 cents and Dominic 6 cents (hey he's younger)......Michael keeps a dime and Victoria gets a dime.......Jill will keep a dime and can put her daughters dime in a trust until she is 21.......

I will ask them to each send me a signed notarized statement confirming these transaction have taken place.  If I do not get these documents in a timely manner........I will NOT be sharing any future winnings with them.

Also, I will be issuing each of them 1099's for their portion of the winnings.  They will each have to claim  their portion of my generosity on their tax returns........and don't come looking to me if you owe taxes.......there is no more money to share........

And lastly, one the topic of losing .......I earned another star at Weight Watchers last Sunday for another 5 pound loss.  I am heading towards 80 pounds in all time loss (that's all time .....not just from this go round with WW).

It was a week of winning and losing..........I didn't win the 1.5 billion but did win by losing when it comes to my battle with the scale.......and right now.......that is much more important..........

See you next week........

No comments:

Post a Comment