Sunday, September 26, 2010

Solitude in the pool...

I went to the gym today....my 4th time this week. I decided to water walk. I did 24 lengths of the pool. The water aerobics instructor said walking 1/2 hour in the pool equals 2 miles on dry land and 1/2 hour of jogging in the pool equals 4 miles on dry land.

I was in the pool a few minutes and realized I was alone in the pool. It was wonderful!! I was able to think and it was just me time. It was about 30 minutes before anyone else got in the pool. When was the last time you spent 30 minutes doing something you love in total silence. It was rejuvenating and peaceful. I wish I could do have some time like this everyday.

Usually, when I get to the pool it is peak time....in other words the gym looks like Grand Central Station at rush hour. The pool at that time will have 20-30 people in the water aerobics class. It is fun and very social.

But there is something to be said for being in the pool alone, working out, wrapped up in my thoughts and able to look out the ceiling to floor windows and watch the rest of the world go by.....

Very, very cool........now this is living......

No comments:

Post a Comment