Saturday, February 18, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile

Here is a list of things that make me happy......it is very diverse but so are my tastes......I can enjoy sushi or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (it does have to be Jiff peanut butter and strawberry preserves).......I can enjoy a Yoo Hoo or a vodka and diet 7up......this of course it not my full list but just some things that popped into my head. What things make you smile, laugh or brings you joy ????

While I was working out in the pool yesterday I saw a Dad walking up the path to the gym giving his young son a piggy back ride. The look on the little boys face was sheer joy.

I open the glass jar that sits on my desk. It was Christmas gift from Jenn. I pull out some slips of white paper. I know I am breaking the rules.....only one slip at a time. The first slip says....eating a piece of cake by eating the cake part first and saving the icing for last......another says The Jersey Shore....I do not love the show but Jenn thinks it's terribly funny that I know the phrase "t shirt time" and "GTL".......that make me smile.

Friday night knowing I have the whole week-end ahead of me.

Leaving the gym after a workout.

A cup of coffee from my Keurig.

Deciding to watch a Christmas movie the 25th of each month throughout the year.

Getting up Sunday morning knowing I have finished the cooking, ironing, bills and other chores and having the rest of the day to do what I want.

Watching the CBS Sunday morning show.

OK I have to admit it.....reality TV.....The Amazing Race......Project Runway.....The Apprentice.....Dancing With The Stars...Top Chef.....sorry if this doesn't sound like the most intelligent TV viewing.....it uses no brain cells and I find it entertaining.

Ordering The Sunday New York Times on my kindle.

The feel of my fleece blanket when I sit in my recliner at the end of the day.

Waking up and feeling grateful for another day.

Any show with Betty White....I get a kick out of her.

Knowing I am making better choices as I go through the day both health and food wise.

Writing down topics for blog entries during the week.

Something I haven't done in many years.....eating the bottom of the pudding and saving that top skin for last.

Getting to work on time.

Getting out of work on time.

Planning time off.

Getting positive feedback on my blog......hint, hint......smile....smile....

No comments:

Post a Comment