Monday, May 28, 2012

I Love Bargains

Last week,  I wrote about buying a few pairs of Yellow Boxes flip flops.  At the time I felt like I was getting a great deal at $21.99 a pair (I think some of them should have been $29.99)......this week end they were on sale for $17.99.  Those of you who know me well know what that meant.....another trip to Belks to get a refund of the sales price.  Hey.....it meant over $21.00 (including taxes) back in my pocket (and Jenn's too). 

At CVS, we wanted to pick up a few things we needed.  Apparently, we bought the right things because we ended up with $10 in CVS bucks.  More savings.....

Today, I went to Joann's with my friend, Kathy, to get material for some more tops like the Oprah top from last year.  We picked out three patterns.....one is a leopard print that we both LOVED!!!!  The material was 50% off.  At the register, we got another discount.  So the material that should have cost $75 plus tax ended up costing me $34......how can you beat that????

A lady standing next to me while they were cutting my material asked me what the material was for.......I told her it was for sheer tops to wear over tank tops.  She asked me how long did it take to make them.  I told her it took me no time at all.  I then pointed at Kathy and said you might want to ask her how long they take to make since Kathy is the one who creates them for me.  LOL  Kathy told the lady they take about an hour to make......an hour of her time on each top to make me feel like a million dollars........thank goodness I do not have to pay her.......yes, pictures will follow.....stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment