Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Pedicure, Salsa and the Magic Bullet

Saturday was pedicure day. I love pedicure day!! This months color is "The Show Must Go On".....it is a pretty glittery pink. I love the warm towels that are wrapped around my legs and feet. I needed some pampering after last week which to put it mildly.....was lousy. It was so nice to spend a few hours just about me. Eyebrows waxed......nice shiny toes. OK at least the top and bottom of me looked good!!!!

Then it was off to a Pampered Chef party. The Pampered Chef lady was making fresh salsa. I love salsa but have never seen it made. I was very curious. The reason she was making it was to demonstrate the new manual food processor. I was thinking about getting until I realized the Magic Bullet I got at Christmas could do the same job.

OK, I need to write about the Magic Bullet........

In December, Jenn and I were in Bed, Bath and Beyond doing some Christmas shopping. I told Jenn I wanted to buy a Magic Bullet. Her expression became one of amusement and confusion. She said "You want to buy what??" I said "A Magic Bullet". I went wandering the aisles of B B & B saying out loud "I wonder where the Magic Bullets are?" I said "Gigi loves her Magic Bullet." By this time Jenn is laughing loudly and texting her college friends and sorority sisters. I finally locate the box and show it to Jenn. She is almost in tears from laughing. I make my purchase and we leave the store. I ask her what on earth is so funny.........

OMG......I wish I hadn't asked.......

Turns out the name Magic Bullet is shared with an item that can be purchased at a Pure Romance Party........

How the hell would I know that.......I have never been to a Pure Romance party.......

But at least I understood why my daughter was laughing so hard......how do you keep a straight face when your mother is wandering the aisles of a store announcing she is looking for a vibrator!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment