Monday, November 28, 2011

Black Friday

In order to get up and out early I knew I would need a nap. So at 7:45PM Thanksgiving night I took a nap until about 10:00. Then I went to bed at 11:00 and got up at 4:00. Showered, makeup and hair done. We were out of the house by 4:30AM.....yes AM. This year we used a different strategy......not that we planned it that way but it worked and will be the way we shop they day after Thanksgiving from now on.

Rule #1: Divide your store flyer's into 2 piles- 1 pile is I have no interest at all and the other is I need to take a second look at this one.

Rule #2: Look carefully through the these need a second look pile. Do you really need it or are you just getting caught up the the pre-holiday shopping craze.

Rule #3: We didn't look for any big ticket items.

Rule #4: Since we were following rule number 3 we didn't have to be there when the store opened we showed up 1/2 hour after a store opened. The crowds were already gone and we didn't fight crowds.

We were done by 10:30. The presents were wrapped by noon and we were able to relax. Now it is cyber Monday......yes I will be shopping again but at least I can get to rest and not have to rush to get from one place to the next. Next big shopping day will be December 26th.....yes I go to the after Christmas sales too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment