Monday, November 28, 2011

Decorating for the holiday

My mission was to go back to work on the 29th and all the decorating would be done both inside and out. I always forget what a job it can be to put up the tree, the inside decorations and the outside decorations.

We started on Saturday with the tree. I pulled the tree out of the storage box (I know, I know I do not have a real tree)at 11AM. Due to a series of events, we did not finish the bulk of the inside decorating until 11PM. First, we sorted through what we had......did I still need 2 tree stands for a live tree....no. How many candle holders do I need.....not 10 different kinds. What buildings do I want under the tree. Why do I have ton of tree needles on the floor from an artificial tree??? Time to sweep the floor. All that I have left to do inside is switching out the plate rack, decorate the small tree for the front window and get the ornaments on the big tree. One thing we did that made me happy was the tree topper. Last year, it never made it on the tree. This year we attached it to the top of the tree before we put the top of the tree in place. It is nice to see the star in the place it belongs. So we are in really decent shape as far as the inside goes. Less than another 30 minutes and we should be good.

Sunday, we decorated the outside of the house. Between Jenn and I it didn't take too long. We only have to hang out the Christmas flag and attach the big candy canes to the shutters and we are done outside.

I will be going back to work with just about all the decorating complete.

Next....on to the cookie baking and writing the cards. OK there are no short cuts to the cookies.......but can I just send e-mails and texts for holiday wishes?????

Everyone please keep your phones turned on or you might not get a Merry Christmas wish from me......

No comments:

Post a Comment