Sunday, November 6, 2011

Venice and The Beach

I love the beach. I dream of living on the ocean. No house a few blocks from the ocean will work for me. I want beachfront property. Hey I can dream big can't I?? I also love Italy. I dream of going there someday.

Today.....after much harassment from my daughter.....we finally hung up some pictures in the 3rd bedroom.....unofficially called Donna's Place. I have a lot of my "stuff" in there. Books, computer, pictures, etc.....

We hung 3 beach pictures and one poster of Venice. I already had a New York Subway map on another wall. The pictures on the walls are so me....

The New Yorker......the subway map has my entire life on it. The subway map side has all the places I would travel to until I was in high school. The other side of the map has the trains from Pearl River to NYC......the places I traveled to after college until I got married. Then back to the subway map for the few years we lived in Yonkers before buying our first house back in Pearl River. Until I moved to SC I hadn't lived more than 20 miles from the place I was born.

The beach lover......the sound of the ocean is so soothing to me. Seeing the sunrise over the ocean is a sight hard to top. A beach house with weather worn furntiure and a screened in porch where you can sit at night and smell the ocean.....perfection. Oh but of course I would need a pool too!!

The Italian........Venice, Rome, Pisa just to name a few of the places I would love to see. I still believe it will happen.....someday. The poster framed and hung on the wall is my reminder. I will go there.....I will really....

But for now......I can sit on the comfy chair and a half, grab my kindle and turn on my IPOD and in my mind I am there.....sitting on a bench in Central Park, sitting on a rocking chair on the porch of my beach house or sitting in a cafe having a glass of wine in Rome.....

While I am sitting in Donna's Place.....I can be anywhere I want anytime.....

No comments:

Post a Comment