Sunday, November 20, 2011

How did I get to 50+.....

In my head I am still 21.......unfortunately no one told my body. My hands have wrinkles, my face has some lines and yes that is definitely grey in my hair. I am hoping my exercising will hold off some of the plans Father Time has for me. I have a knee that has been bothering me for years. I don't expect that pain to go away. But it is nothing I can't deal with.......I do feel the need to explain to someone why I walk down the stairs slowly......why do I feel a need to explain....because I do not want them to feel it is because of my weight......so there I am explaining about how I fell and the doctor said I had caused permanent nerve damage to the knee and it is loaded with arthritis......like anyone really cares. I do the explaining so I hope to not stand out.

When you remember events that took place 40 years ago .....oh be honest 45 and sometimes more years ago...it gets me thinking.......where did the time go......I remember all I ever wanted to be was 18. For me 18 was a great age, I was in college, worked a job that paid enough money for jeans, gas for my pinto, nights out with my friends (yes this involved drinking but remember back then 18 was legal) and as much as I hate to say it enough money for my cigarettes (ok but I haven't had one in almost 25 years)....

Funny how things change....no cigarettes, no pinto, not as many nights out with my friends (not as many as I would like)......

I do feel lucky......since I started to focus on me......I feel healthier than I have in years.....except for the knee not real aches and pains.....I consider the gym a necessity and a pedicure a must......

This year has been filled with adventures.....weddings, births and new job and finding out about the things I can do on my own......see I am still learning at 50+.

I can't wait to see what I learn next.....in this second chapter of my life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment