Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Caftan......Part II....

I went in search for material for my Oprah top.

I went to Hobby Lobby to check out the materials. I found some that I liked.....in solid colors. The colors were vibrant red, pink and white with some little embellishments. I also chose a rainbow print and a black with multi-color sequins. Oprah's top was white with a variety of other colors swirling around. I chose some embellishments in case I went with one of the solid colored pieces. I asked for samples but the lady in that dept said I would have to by 1/8 of a yard of each since they do not just give out samples. At approximately, 62 cents for piece, I felt like I could well afford the $5 it might set me back in order to have the pieces to pray over. By the time she was done cutting the material, I had told her what I was using it for and about Oprah's top. When she was finished cutting, I asked for the sales slip. The sales lady said never mind just take it. That was a nice surprise.....

At lunch, we looked at each piece of material. They draped them around my neck. The group voted for the black sequins look. On Friday, I will go to Joann's and see if there are any other patterns that I like.

Oh and Kathy told me I need to come by so she can measure me......red alert, red alert....panic mode!!! I asked what she had to measure???? She said from where we want the top to hang in the front to where we want it to hang in the back to make sure it covers all of my "assets".....and that can be a lot to cover!!! LOL

I promise when this outfit is complete, I will post a picture of me on this blog for all to see. A photo of me......I am stressing already.....

No comments:

Post a Comment