Sunday, April 10, 2011

Italian Cooking Lessons

As part of the weekly Italian class Jenn and I are taking, this week we were in the kitchen....

Maria, our instructor's Mom, taught us how to make sauce, lasagna, fresh fruit salad and tiramasu from scratch. Maria is a retired pastry chef from Italy. It was fun to watch flour, eggs and a few other ingredients become lasagna noodles and fettuccine. This is the first time I have eaten lasagna without ricotta cheese but it did have mortadella added to it. Jenn posted some pictures on facebook of the cooking class. Although I am not a fan of tiramasu, I did try a tiny bit and it was very good. Did I mention Ellen from the class brought homemade focaccia bread? Oh and I forgot to mention the Italian cherries and cheeses that we shared. This is an intimidating crowd to cook for....

Italian phrasing was used during the cooking and eating.

Just so you know I watched what I ate all day so I would have sufficient points for the meal. And yes, I ate normal portions....LOL. It was very hard to control myself!!!

The class has decided to have each of us on occasion will bring something we make to our weekly meeting that is special to us. I told them I wouldn't dare bring any Italian food into their house. Although, I think I am a good cook....I can't hold a candle to any of these cooks in the Italian food department!!!!

The good part was I was able to enjoy this meal with some new friends.I still managed to lose at the scale this week.......

The evening was "magnifico" !!!! And we applauded Maria when the meal was done.....a few "Bravos" were part of the cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment