Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Full Circle Of Life Week

This last week included all the major events of life: birth, marriage and death.

Birth:
I was so excited to hear our family will have a new addition. My nephew Nick and his wife Sally are expecting a baby in the fall. Sally posted a sonogram picture on facebook. I can already see the baby looks like her Great-Aunt Donna.....LOL. This will be the 2nd girl in that generation in our family. Funny, I remember my great Aunts and Uncles and they seemed so much older than I am now.....is my memory fading or am I just not willing to admit that I am probably the age they were when I remember spending time with them.

Marriage:
We made reservations for the hotel in Jensen Beach, FL for another nephews wedding. Nick's brother George will be marrying his love Mary in June. This is going to be a great week-end and I am excited to spend time with my family. George is the oldest of the grandchildren and has planned a special week-end for all the guests.

Death:
I received a phone call Friday to let me know about a friends passing. Dwayne was one of the kindest people I have ever known, always smiling as if he knew a secret, and a wonderful contagious laugh. We worked together 3 times in the last 12 years at different jobs. He was too young to have been taken from us so suddenly.

I experienced joy at the news of a new baby.....that definitely should be named in honor of Nick's favorite Aunt and Godmother....the would be me!!!

I enjoyed thinking about the happiness of George and Mary as they get ready to start their life together.

I mourn the ending of a life too soon....as I said on facebook although he is gone.....there is a new star in the sky and the heavens are filled with his laughter.

From birth to death all in a few shorts days.....the one resounding commonality was love. Love for a new life, the love of a young couple and the love for a friend that will be missed.

It has been quite a week......

No comments:

Post a Comment