Saturday, July 23, 2011

I Decided Not To Eat Pretzels At 9:00 AM

I get to work and have my breakfast. I either have oatmeal with Brummel and Brown or 2 extreme fitness flatbreads (1 point each on Weight Watchers) and a container of Weight Watchers cream cheese (2 points). This is around 8:30. So why oh why would I reach for pretzels at 9 A.M.???? The answer......mindless eating. No doubt about it!!! So the other morning when I realized what I was doing.....I drank some water and grabbed a piece of gum. The crazy part is that I do it without thinking. It is like driving home from work.....sometimes I pull in the driveway and can't remember the trip home. Have you ever had that happen.....you pay attention to the trip but it is so automatic that you don't really go through a thought process.

I have to work harder to focus on what I put in my mouth. I have to really think before I bite. This will take some effort and concentration. It also helps if I keep myself busy and have a large container of good old water near by.

As we all know old habits are hard to break but not impossible......just another thing to work on....as if I didn't have enough to think about already.....

No comments:

Post a Comment