Monday, January 10, 2011

Cooking Up A Storm on a SNOW DAY !!!

Today was one of those rare snow days. Work was closed. I had gotten all of my chores done over the week-end so I could do what I wanted today.

What did I decide to do?? Cook.

I made a pot of sauce. Nothing like the homemade kind....yum !!!

I made Weight Watchers Pumpkin Muffins....so easy but so good !!!

I made some Weight Watchers Pasta Salad....this will be great with my lunches for the rest of the week....just add some tuna, chicken or lean ham.

Then drum roll please......

I decided to see how my rice and veggie steamer works. Over the week-end I bought mushrooms, celery, snow peas, broccoli and squash (both yellow and green). I decided to try just the veggie steamer part and not do the rice. I read the instruction manual (those of you who know me well know this is a step I usually skip....LOL). Well, to tell you the truth it was so darn easy. the hardest part was cutting up the veggies. OK I did go a little over board and had to do the veggies in three batches but still it was so cool. I bought some low sodium teriyaki to put on the veggies to add a little something extra.

I am very excited....this was one of my New Years resolutions to try something new with food. So one resolution already checked off. I will continue to use the steamer and see what else I can create. I bought brown rice and maybe just maybe will buy some shrimp or a piece of fish I can steam....oh the possibilities are endless.

Things like trying out the veggie steamer are important because it gives me a jump start....something new to try....it prevents me from getting bored. I am trying to keep up my interest.....boredom can be a death sentence to all my efforts.

So if a veggie steamer is what it takes to keep me pumped and on track....so be it....I will continue to search for new and exciting items, foods or recipes....I need the motivation....

No comments:

Post a Comment