Monday, January 10, 2011

How hard should it be to buy a scale

I decided that since I had a bad weigh-in (not that I am fixated on this....LOL), I needed to buy a scale. I like getting on the scale just once a week but after Saturday's disaster (OK I do need to get over it....not like I haven't had a bad week before.....LOL)I thought it might not hurt to have a scale in the house. Jenn and I went scale shopping.....

What the hell happened to the scales that we used to have .....you know the kind.....they told you your weight.....

Now, the scales tell you you BMI, save your weight, tell you how many points you can eat, will prepare your tax returns and schedule your car for an oil change.....

When did it become so hard to find a damn scale that just told you what you weighed....not one that calls you fatso or announces your weight to the world or saves your weight for all to see into the next century.....

Finally, I found what I wanted....a plain old scale.....white with numbers....simple...

Now I need to compare the scale at Weight Watchers to the one at home too see if they match up. I promised myself not to become obsessive about weighing myself daily or hourly. I will not lug the scale around the house to see where I weigh the least. I will not blame the floor I use it on, the slant of the foundation of my house or the fact that I am not in my usual weigh-in clothes.

This afternoon I got on the scale....the result ....up 1 pound.....ggggrrrrr...maybe it was because I usually weigh-in first thing in the morning.....maybe it was because I had already eaten......don't we usually weigh more as the day goes on??

See here I go....making myself crazy.....all because of that little square piece of metal with numbers on it.....Donna get over it!!! That little square does not reflect who you are....it doesn't measure effort or desire or all the things you have passed up....

It is simply a tool used to measure one form of progress....it is not the be all and end all.....well maybe for me it is.....

No comments:

Post a Comment