Sunday, January 23, 2011

Encouragement......

Last week I asked the readers of this blog for encouragement. As you all know it had been a rough week. I came into my workspace and my friend Mary had taped up inspirational quotes all over the place. They came from such diverse people as FDR to Dr. Seuss to a few from unknown sources. It made me smile!! I am going to share these with you during some of my posts.

Today's entry......from Winston Churchill....

"If you are going through hell, keep going."

I love that.....

My hell as it were can be watching some people eat whatever they want and knowing that I will gain weight just watching them. Or it can be beating myself up when the results on Saturday are not what I think they should be. Or driving by a clothing store knowing buying off the rack is not an option for me (right now).

There are some things I can do something about and some will never change. I will always know people who will be able to eat whatever they like and won't gain an ounce....it is what it is.

I can do my best each week to workout and eat what is right.....some weeks the result will be good and other no matter how hard I try will not be good. I just have to get it in my head that as long as I do my best.....eventually I will be successful.

The part about buying off the rack....will come in time....and when it happens.....trust me...you will all know about it.....

To paraphrase Churchill (do I have nerve or what?)....I have been in my own personal hell (it was my own doing) but I am going to keep going and climb out....the steps out are labeled.....working out, eating healthy and believing....I have to fight this battle everyday.....didn't someone famous say "War is hell"....it sure is....

No comments:

Post a Comment