Sunday, October 23, 2011

Tablecloths and Plates

When I was in high school, I had a friend whose mother decorated a table in the from foyer of their house for the various seasons and holidays. I always thought that was very cool. My family did some decorating for Halloween and a lot for Christmas and always hung out our flag for the patriotic holidays. But there was something about the monthly changes at my friends house I loved.

I now have a different tablecloth, plates for the plate rack and a teddy bear with a sweater that gets changed for each month. I also have a small Christmas tree in my front window that gets changed each month. In addition, I have several flags for outside the house and a few extra seasonal plates. Add to this the Department 56 buildings that go in front of the fireplace. I know this is over the top.....and I haven't even mentioned the napkins and napkin rings......LOL.

The scary part is it seems like I have just put out the October decorations and the November things need to come out. Remember when you were young and it seems to take 10 years to get from one Christmas to the next? Now it's goes by in the blink of an eye......

Well, Monday it is time to put away the pumpkins etc and it's time for the leaves and turkey's......before I know it Santa and company will be all over the house.

I may have taken my friends mother's decorating idea to a different level or maybe just over the top but it makes me happy..........

No comments:

Post a Comment