Saturday, October 29, 2011

The "C" Word

When Jenn was little we had a rule.....she was never allowed to say she hated someone or something. She could say she didn't like something but the word hate was a no-no. Except for one thing......cancer......she was allowed to hate that word and all it meant. As a child she didn't understand why she could hate cancer but not green beans. She didn't even really understand what cancer was.....

I told her I could not hate anything either except cancer and I have kept pretty true to that way of thinking.

Cancer has impacted too many people I care about......I have lost family and friends to this disease.....I have also watched with admiration family and friends wage a war that they have won......I have known victims.....I have known survivors....

I hate cancer, I hate cancer, I hate cancer.......

No comments:

Post a Comment