Sunday, December 18, 2011

Love The Holidays but Miss the Daily Routine

I love the holidays. I love looking at the tree at night with it's lights and garland. I love the smell of special foods baking in the kitchen. I love saying Merry Christmas....sorry not Happy Holidays.....but Merry Christmas.

The downside is your daily routine is totally thrown out of whack. You come home from work....late and tired and have to bake pinwheels. You pencil in time to get the cards written. You know that each night you will have some task to get done. It only once a year and that is part of what makes the holidays so special.

But like most people.....I do miss my daily routines. Going to the gym 4 times a week, not having to say no to the special treats we eat this time of year, being able to come home from work and relax, loving the decorations but dreading taking them down. How bare and dull everything looks when it is all gone.

I am a person who likes control and routine ....are you surprised? Being that way makes this time a year a real struggle but I get through it and enjoy it and am grateful when it is over.....no I am not a Scrooge.....it just is the part of me that likes to know Tuesday and Thursday is gym night.....Saturday and Sunday early morning workouts at the gym.....

I will miss the holidays when they are over and am really trying to enjoy the week ahead but there is something to be said for the routine of life......

No comments:

Post a Comment