Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Ring Fits

As I have said before I need to look for the little changes that show I am heading in the right direction. This week I decided to step out of my comfort zone. I decided to wear a Christmas bracelet and a Christmas pin the says Believe. Now you may not think of this as a major event but it is for me. I am such a creature of habit. Each day I put on the same wrist watch, same ring, same 2 pairs of earrings and the same necklace. I have some very pretty necklaces but at a time when I needed a reminder of faith I started wearing a little cross each day. I have not worn another necklace since......now I am superstitious that if I don't wear the cross something bad will happen. How foolish is that......as if the necklace had the power to keep everything in check and all I care about safe. I know logically that the little cross is not changing anything but the subconscious side of me has a hard time making the change

Another New Year resolution......wear some different necklaces.

Anyway back to the little changes I seek. While I was walking on the wild side with a the Christmas bracelet and pin.....I came across a ring I used to wear. It is a simple white gold ring with 2 rows of tiny diamonds. I loved the ring when I got it almost 20 years ago. I stopped wearing it years ago because it had gotten too tight and it was a struggle to get it on and off my hand each day. You would have thought I would have taken it as a sign that I needed to focus on my weight. But at that point in my life it was easier to just to remove the offending item and ignore what was going on.

On an impulse, I tried the ring on.....and it fit. No struggle to get it past my knuckle...no pushing it to get it down my finger. It slid on with ease. I stared at my hand in shock. The ring was back on my hand and it moved freely on my ring finger. In fact it slid around my finger. I was amazed. I didn't think I would ever wear it again. I have worn it everyday this week....like a medal. I know it is not huge to anyone else but it is so significant to me.

What a week......wearing a Christmas bracelet and pin......and sporting a forgotten ring that has given me the push I needed to continue. Next .....it is time change the necklace......in 3 weeks I will make that step and I bet the world will not stop because of that change........

No comments:

Post a Comment