Sunday, August 21, 2011

Another great quote.....

“Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.”

Oh this is so me....

I am the first to put myself down. I bare the bruises to prove this......the bruises are from Jenn pinching me when I say something negative about myself. I have gotten so used to knocking myself so much that I don't even hear it when I say the negative things. Well, like Pavlov's dog......I think it is starting to work......starting.......when you have spent so much time criticising yourself it is a hard habit to break.

I am not comfortable saying good things about myself. But I am trying hard to accept compliments. Kathy complimented me a couple of times Saturday......she would say "Your pants have gotten loose" to which I would say "the pants are old and baggy"...she said "I can tell you have lost around your stomach" to which I responded "it has moved to my ass".......finally she said "I can see a difference" and I said, "thank you".......Kathy said " thank you for accepting a compliment and just saying thank you!!"

I need to start to overvalue the positive and start to undervalue the negative....it is another change I need to make in my journey.....this is psychological......and that will be a challenge........paging Dr. Pavlov.......paging Dr. Pavlov......

No comments:

Post a Comment