Sunday, August 21, 2011

A great way to end a crazy busy week......

I said last week was going to be crazy and it was. The payoff was Friday night. Jenn and I headed to a friend's house from our Italian class. He lives on Lake Murray. The view was wonderful. He had a kitchen that I would dream of having. Everyone from our class was there. We gathering the kitchen, rolled out the homemade dough, put a variety of topping on the pizza's and let his convection oven work it's magic. The result was fabulous!!!!

I brought a fresh fruit salad, we have wonderful bruschetta and dessert was amazing. Sitting out on the porch and listening to the water and seeing some lightening was beautiful. Hearing the laughter of friends was enough to make you smile.

I hated to leave. Driving home I reflected on the week and all I had been through. I would go through it all again if I was guaranteed to end it sitting near the lake with these friends.

Sometimes life presents you with wonderful moments......Friday night was one of them.....

1 comment:

  1. Donna, you summed up EXACTLY my sentiments of the evening also. That was a grand time, don't you think? Adrian is a wonderful host - he let us just take over his kitchen. I could take that kitchen over ANYTIME!

    You all are wonderful friends that I feel honored to know.

    ReplyDelete