Sunday, August 14, 2011

Signs Of Change

Sometimes it is the minor changes I recognize that I need to celebrate....

Getting the seat belt across me in the car instead of looking like I am having a personal tug of war between the seat belt buckle and the catch it goes into. The increased distance between my stomach and the steering wheel. My rings swing around my finger compared with when they were snug and didn't move. Choosing yes I said choosing to not eat something. I am drinking so much more water each day. That equals more walking to the ladies room (another plus).

Each night I write in a journal. I list 5 good things about the day. I have less days when I struggle with items for the list. I pray each night to wake in the morning. Each morning I say a prayer of thanks for another day.

I realize I have so much further to go but I am trying to leave the past to the past. I am learning to forgive myself for the neglect that put me in this position. I try to look at each day with gratitude and know the changes I have made since January 2010 are the foundation on which I am building my future. My Dad used to say "You have to build a firm foundation." That is what I am doing now.....one building block at a time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment