Sunday, August 28, 2011

Garlic, Onions and Olive Oil

To me one of the best smells ever is the smell of garlic and onions with a little olive oil.....yum......Yankee Candle should make a candle with that scent!!!

There is something about the aroma that fills the house.....

I love the fall because of the soups and stews and other creations that I can make in the crock pot. I love walking in the door and it hits me. This fall although there will be some changes to the ingredients (yes.....healthier) the smell will still be inviting.

I remember the smell of the cookies my Mom would bake around the holidays. It meant Christmas was coming. It is funny how we tie the aroma of certain foods to seasons or occasions......hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill mean summer.......soups and stews mean fall and winter........cookies mean Christmas.....homemade sauce is Sunday......

It awakens my senses.....there is nothing wrong with that as long as I remember not to overdo it once I am ready to eat whatever it is that smells so good......now that may be a challenge.....

No comments:

Post a Comment