Sunday, August 14, 2011

Planning, planning and more planning

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have a crazy week ahead....

One of the keys to success is planning. I have planned time to work out. I have also planned my meals for the week. I already made enough salad for a few lunches. I have figured out what to have for breakfast and in between meal snacks (if I want them). I am also trying to keep the points and calorie counts low so when I am out to dinner on Wednesday, I will have a little more flexibility. I need to plan, I can't do this cold. If I don't plan, chances are I will make some mistakes. I am trying to minimize my options in order to be successful.

Lately, I have been thinking about doughnuts......why doughnuts.....I am not sure......could it have something to do with the New Krispy Kreme that opened 5 minutes from my house. I drive by it all the time. I am not saying I will never have one of those doughnuts (although I would probably have a Dunkin Donut instead) but right now I am choosing to not stop and buy one. When I know one doughnut is 6 points in the Weight Watchers world, I have to think is it worth it??? NO, especially since one would not fill me up.....more like 2 or 3.....I am not willing to waste empty calories on them.

Filling foods is what I need.....that is why I love oatmeal. I also love salad......it can be an adventure....tomato's, cukes, chic peas, mushrooms.....yum.

At least for this week.....I have a plan of action. This is something I didn't do in the past. Hopefully, my planning will pay off........now can someone change the direction of the wind and stop the smell of doughnuts from passing my house. Also, please pull the plug on the "Hot Doughnut's Ready Now" sign......please.......

No comments:

Post a Comment