Saturday, May 21, 2011

Good Advice from Glenda- the Good Witch

You've always had the power. You've always had it my dear. We all do. - Glenda the good witch

I know I have the power.....it is the ability to persevere which is hard.

My work outs at the gym are very good. I went to the Dr. and my BP was 121/63....not too shabby!!! I pass up far more goodies than seem fair. I hate the days when a box of doughnuts appears in the office or someone orders lunch out and I can smell it while I am eating my salad or flat bread with chicken. I hate the days when I have to fight off a craving for chocolate or something equally as bad. How long can you pretend that 32 oz of water you are drinking is really a chocolate shake?

I believe I have the power to change.....I think I have demonstrated that during the last year or so. There has been no magic transformation. I still believe it will come just not as quickly as I would like. I occasionally revisit the surgical option in my head. I still feel strongly that is not an option for me. My Dr. agrees.....in fact he has said "No, No, and No!!" I need to continue to re-learn what I have done wrong for most of my life. Each person's body and metabolism is different. I of course chose the time in my life when my metabolism had decided to slow down (not that it was ever very fast) to really work at a healthier lifestyle. I have done more exercising in the last year as I have done during my whole life......no kidding!!!!

OK Glenda......I am going to take you at your word......could you maybe just point your magic wand in my direction and let me make one wish??

No comments:

Post a Comment