Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tomato's, Mozzarella & Basil

On Monday night we had a treat before dinner....Jenn and I bought some fresh mozzarella, tomato's and we picked some of our fresh basil to mix with those other ingredients. A little virgin olive oil and presto......we had a really good treat.

Jenn and I planted an small herb garden. We have basil, oregano and parsley from plants we purchased. We also bought seeds for dill and chives.....so far we have not seen any growth from those two herbs. I may have to go in search of plants that have already started or I may not have any fresh dill or chives.

Maybe I can call the Dept. of Agriculture and tell them to pay me not to grow those herbs......don't they sometimes pay farmers not to grown crops??

Back to the basil.....the smell of it was heavenly. I might even try making some pesto. Yankee candle should come out with candles that smell like Basil or Garlic and Onions cooking with some virgin olive oil......how do you know which olives are virgins for the olive oil?????

Anyway, as I go to work each morning and when I come home at night......I check on my little herb garden.....I feel accomplished. Now if only those little chive and dill seeds would do their thing and start to grow......

Can I get a tax write off by calling myself a farmer???? Probably not.....

No comments:

Post a Comment