Sunday, May 29, 2011

How neurotic can I get???

I need to do more reading about Water Aerobics. I love the classes and it is so kind to my joints. Why do I not feel like it is as good a workout as doing the stepper and such? My brain has decided since I am not sweating....it is not a productive. I know that is crazy.....

I am in the pool for at least 1 hour, it is constant movement, I jump, jog, lunge, swim, and a slew of other exercises that might be challenging on dry land. I use weights in the water, too. My instructor says I can burn 300 or more calories during each class. Since I am in the pool at least 3 times a week that's not too bad!!! Then my time with my trainer burns more....

Let's see.....3 hours in the pool......300 calories each times....the water provides extra resistance which makes each exercise more efficient.......SO WHAT AM I WORRIED ABOUT????

I think because I enjoy it so much and it is not painful and I am not dripping in sweat.....I feel like it is not effective exercise......OK I need to get over it....

Until last year I didn't exercise much at all......now I do a minimum of 4 hours a week.....that is a huge improvement.......I need to celebrate that and just move on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment