Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Oprah Top Is Complete!!!

Yes, the Oprah top is ready!!!! I went to "the House of Kathy" today. The designer likes to be known as just Kathy. Her ability to create haute couture out of a few yards of material is quite impressive!!

I showed up for my appointment at 2:00. Kathy had all of her tools of the trade ready.....scissors, pencil, pins and her sewing machine. As she cut and sewed and pinned the garment around me......it was fun to watch it take shape. The sleeves are wide, the bottom is cut at an angle (asymmetrical) and it is flowy just like I wanted it.

Within 90 minutes it was done!! I tried it on with the tank top I will wear underneath it. It looked great!!

Oprah's cost $500......mine $15. Her material is sheer and flowing......so is mine. Her material was colorful......so is mine. Kathy suggested I get a pair of Yellow Boxes sandals with some bling on them......Oprah had her bling around her neck....

The funny remark of the day came from Kathy's husband Dan.....when I showed him the material.....he smiled and said it was nice.....then he said "You will be wearing something else under that....right?"......very funny Dan.....I want people to think I look nice and maybe even elegant....not scare the hell out of them!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment